Hanson Sign Companies, a member of the International Sign Association, is a wholesale manufacturer of custom signs based in Falconer, NY. We are located about an hour and a half southwest of Buffalo in the beautiful Chautauqua Lake region. Founded as a two-man sign shop by Bob Hanson in 1949, Hanson Sign was acquired by Gene Aversa in 1986. Gene grew the company rapidly through further acquisition and a focused sales effort, transforming Hanson into a Wholesale Sign provider by 1992. In June of 2016 Gene retired and sold the company to Ed Sullivan, the current CEO and his business partner. Today, Hanson Sign Companies employs over 40 people and supplies the Sign Industry across the United States and internationally.
Hanson Sign Companies tagline is “expanding your capabilities”. Our customers are retail sign companies, contractors, marketing agencies, developers and national account programs. We expand their ability to seamlessly offer a wide range of beautiful, custom made sign types from a single, reliable partner regardless of their in-house capability or capacity.
Job security and enhanced quality of life for our employees
Building trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships
Fostering a Best Work Environment based on mutual respect
To drive enhanced results for our customers by expanding their capabilities and reputation. This is accomplished through the wholesale manufacture of an unsurpassed range of high quality custom signs, sharing of our expertise and excellent customer service that meet the customer’s expectations.
As Bob Hanson built Hanson Sign Companies he established a legacy of quality, craftsmanship and artistry that continues today. In those days Bob would design a sign by hand, sketching the design elements in pencil on craft paper. Then he would hand paint the artwork for customer approval before scaling up and applying the design to a redwood sign. Some of those original works are seen here.